Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's been a while........

Howdy there folks! I have been a slacker for the last 8 or 9 days and with a semi-decent excuse. Last Saturday morning, Sept 26th, Chloe fell off of a tall wooden stool and cracked her head on the corner of the wall.I WAS NOT IN THE ROOM WHEN IT HAPPENED!!! At first she cried, (THAT'S WHEN I WALKED IN THE ROOM!), and you could tell she was really hurt. Dad was holding her and had his hand on her head while arguing with April about I DON'T KNOW WHAT, then he took his hand off of her head and you could see the wetness in her hair and the blood on his hands.Yep, this was the first time she had lost blood in one of her many crashes, and being a head injury it was a lot of it. You should have seen the eyes of the other children when the "Shee's Bleeeeding", declaration was made. You would have thought a goat ran through the living room! So with dad holding Chloe's head, I ran upstairs( two flights, mind you) to get my shoes,and a quick run to the potty since I was sure we were going to be gone for hours and public toilets are the WORST (that reminds me of a story about the toilets in Scotland at this one town, we were coming from Glasgow and stopped in Biggar. You have NEVER seen toilets this CLEAN!!! You could have eaten off the floor! There were fresh flowers on the sinks and a real live attendant!! I felt like a Queen! Oh my!). Sorry, back to Chloe- So to make this story short (since the thought of me talking about toilets has triggered Chloe to need to go), we took her in, and were seen by the doctor within the first 15 minutes after arriving. The nurse and staff were awesome and so caring.What a blessing! They did a fantastic job and she acts as if nothing ever happened, except for the occasional scratching of a healing wound.
So, I had better go and take care of the little person before she fixes herself.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments: