Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What's happening?

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I "got busy". I have been living the insane life lately and frankly, I'm tired. I've been going to bed later and later and I'm feeling like an old bowl of oats. Pardon me, but I'm wrecked. This is the first time I can honestly say that I could really use a couple of naps each day. Preschooler isn't napping anymore and whilst Baby Dear is sleeping her way to beauty queen of the year, I am busy doing what most moms do while there is down time-cleaning.
I'm actually on the downside of household decluttering. There has been much improvement in the "I can't believe your drawer is full of clothes that are 2 sizes too small!" When all is said and done, my children might have a limited wardrobe, but their drawers and closets will be nice and neat!
Kitchen stuff is hard for me to get rid of. I just so love my kitcheny things. Who else can truly say, "I just LOVE my cookie sheets and my 5 quart stockpot-Oh it's the BOMB!" Is that sad or what? I have been blessed with many years of refining what works and what dosen't. About 3 weeks ago, our hard working can opener disappeared. No one knows any details about the kidnapping, but Mr has taken it really hard.e has searched every drawer and cabinet in the kitchen, to no avail. He's questioned everyone like we were criminals on "Law and Order". I eventually went out to buy a cheapie one to suffice until my new one comes in from the states. He took one look at cheapie and said, "When is the new one coming, this one stinks!!" That's the news from the kitchen front.
From the vehicular point of view, we found out that our yearly inspection expired on our van- in APRIL!! They don't mail reminders here and this inspection certificate is put away in a filing cabinet where it dosen't exist in my mind until he thinks of it, seven months later.......... Umm, that appointment is going to be made this week.
We have driven multiple runs each day for a variety of reasons. One day, I had to leave at 8 for an 8:15 appt, take Teenager to school, go to another appt for Preschooler, turn around and drive to pick up #3 child from Girl Scouts,go home, make dinner, grab #2 and 3 for karate and go to rehearsal for a play that #1 and I am in. At 9pm, I dragged myself home with 1,2 and 3 in tow, fed Baby Dear, made sure dinner was put up, showered and went to bed. Yes, I was tired and still am. Days like this used to be rare, but lately this has been the norm.
No more will this happen. I am just too tired. I used to deny how I felt, but I think this thyroid has gotten to me. It's probably mental, but I am dragging my bones around. Toting happy leaded Baby dosen't help either, but what's a mom to do?

I am slated to have half of the offending thyroid taken out on the 2nd of December. I'm not supposed to hold anything over 10 lbs for 2-3 weeks. I honestly don't know HOW I can't hold my baby for so long, but I'm thinking she is going to be a bit cranky till this time ends. Any thoughts? I'll take any opinions right now. Help!!!

Well, if I am to get to bed before the sun rises, I'd better get to sleep soon.

Blessings from England,


Anonymous said...

Misty - you guys need a supply of p38's and p51's handy for when your favorite can opener goes missing or falls apart. :) That's p38 can opener, not Walther (unless you're really mad and just want to shoot the can!!)
love your blog :) - glad you found me on FB

Anonymous said...

oops - the above comment is from me, Karen B.