Friday, April 11, 2008

Porcupines and parenthood

I'm trying to see my daughters' world from her eyes. She has been replaced (pushed aside), by a new sibling, swept into near obscurity except for demanding attention by being aggressive toward her older siblings and constantly asking previously answered questions. There are other things being done to divert our attention towards her, all negative. What's a parent to do? I am doing my best to give her extra love, but I only have so much time and just two hands! She pushes my patience to the limits and disciplining her is seemingly useless. Lord, give me strength! It's like that book I had seen before, "How to Hug a Porcupine." I will pray and ask for wisdom from others. She pushes hard, but I guess I'll just have to hug harder.

Aargh!

No comments: