Monday, September 21, 2009

Here's what I did today..........

It's Monday and I had a list to work from. There were at least 14 things to do in addition to the the "daily dozen". Top that off with a sick son, internet service that only seems to work when you cough, a toddler who wakes up with new forms of breaking and taking things to pieces, and me being quite moody lately and there is a recipe for what could be a bad day. Thankfully and mercifully, the house wasn't a wreck and I had already spent over an hour the night before getting control of the "laundry room typhoon".
So, my list consisted of these things:
1. Call maintenance-only hot water running out of tap in girls bathroom.
2.Repeat above call because our shower head won't stay in one spot.
3.Make appointment for Chloe's 2 yr checkup
3.Call Wyndons school and inform them of his illness
4.Inform housing about yard sale.
5.Order whatever is needed for Chloe's birthday.
6.Order Oregacillin.
7.Find pattern for potty training pants-Chloe.
8.Preorder tables for garage sale at outdoor rec.
9.Find a hanging clothes rack for the garage sale.
10.Order vitamins from Vitamin World.
11.Call Insurance company and obtain a new pediatrician.
12.Find a place to have Chloe's party at.
13.Cut up enormous pork leg into manageable sections, and use 1/3 of it for dinner.
14.Do whatever else I couldn't remember because I didn't write it down!

So that was my list and I was determined to get most of it done! Oh and for dinner I made shredded pork tacos (from scratch), crunchy slaw with radishes, cooked cabbage(for the toddler with very few back teeth), sliced tomatoes and all of the taco fixings.
Thinking back, that leg of pork weighed 14 1/2 pounds when I started and I only used 4 lbs for the tacos. So after the trimming and stuff, we have a large pork joint, complete with skin, one large hunk of butt roast, and a bag of pork skins ready to fry. Grand total for the whole piece of meat was $14.62, around $1.08 a pound versus already trimmed meat at $2.32 per pound.So a little time saved mea little money- more than half price!!!
Praise the Lord for a little math and some working arm muscles!

2 comments:

MamaOlive said...

I have a clothes rack you can borrow. And I'm collecting a few odds to bring to your sale.

Misty said...

Thanks Pardner!I'll really appreciate the clothes rack.