Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A troublesome cake

You all know the classic German Chocolate cake, right? Well, I love them insanely if they're made from scratch. I set out to make that cake, and make it, I would.

Well the first thing I ran out of was flour. Easily remedied, that was on the storage shelf. Next problem was eggs, nearly not enough for the recipe either. What is this-a conspiracy??? Okay, the last straw was vanilla. I KNOW I bought 10 bottles of that when it was on the clearance rack. I looked and looked but no vanilla. I used half of what was required for the cake itself and I finally had to break down and call for help. My handy neighbor, Heidi, Lord bless her, was happy to help and in doing so she earned 1/5 of that delicious cake. After all of that trouble,the bottom layer fell when Science dude opened the door and poof! It was flat, but delicious. Anyhoo, I'm glad I don't make it that often since that gives me a chance to appreciate it.

Gee, after all of that trouble, it only lasted a few days.......

2 comments:

MamaOlive said...

No matter how much I bake, we always run out of something whenever Bob wants to help. This week I ran out of old fashioned oats AND peanut butter (both necessities around here) - and I know I have a dozen of each...

Misty said...

Hey, I have a ton of peanut butter in my cabinet. I can see it right now. I'll put it in my van for you. I ran out of quick oats 2 weeks ago and I'm holding on to the 2 cups of old fashioned I left!!

Where does this stuff disappear to?