Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's been a while, but here's what happened.

I am guilty of many things, but the most is not keeping up with my electronic stuff. You know blogs, websites, emails and stuff. So I apologize form the deepest corners of my heart for not taking the time out to keep you informed of life at my house.
Now, let's get you caught up.......
It all started one dark night when I was talking to my sister via SKYPE that we came up with the idea to spend Christmas together-again. I was so proud of her coming to California from Texas at Christmastime all those years and cringe thinking of all those miles she put on her cars (multiple vehicles I tell you- but that's another story). But okay, California wasn't that far, was it? Nope, not compared to a trip to the UK. Now that's a bit of a drive.
So, back to the story- We decided to meet for Christmas again, but where? Passports and plane tickets for a single mom and 3 children would be too costly,(Think a total of around $5,000.00, now faint!), But I'm not rich either so think just plane tickets alone for me and 4 children were around the same price. Then I'd have to have a rental car and then I'd have to drive to at least 3 cities to visit family after the 11 hour plane trip. Oh just thinking about all of that back and forthing makes my back end hurt. That would be a torture trip especially without my husband with us. Back in the days before Chloe, that would have been possible, but she is NOT a happy long trip traveler. Brainstorming........ Okay. How about Virginia? The wonderful in-laws(Opa & Oma), are there and the children have never had Christmas with them and it's possible to get there in ONE day of travel without having swollen limbs and a trip to the hospital for blood thinners. How about it? YEA! Virginia it is!!
Now, how can we get to Virginia and where are we going to stay? Too many of us to sleep on the couch anymore. Hmmmm.
We shall continue this story after dinner.......

No comments: