Sunday, August 23, 2009

Umm, she should have napped earlier!



Okay, we are gluttons for punishment. These are the last few days before school starts and since we were gone for most of the summer, we are trying to squeeze in a few more day trips here and there, even with the impending move staring us down this week, so we went to the Maize Maze which is a really big maze in a cornfield between here and Cambridge. We took our friend from church, Keziah (pronounced Kae-zha), who was born and raised in Zimbabwe and live here now. She is such a happy, excited and action filled young lady I though I'd appreciate some of her energy chasing the youngsters(and soak some up, too!).


So, we packed up the van, children, and Keziah (she is just an older teen to us!)and went to the maze. We all did the big maze, including Chloe who walked, no ran through at least 1/4th of it. When she slowed down, I put her in the stroller and we bumped throughout the rest of it. It was lots of fun and we only got lost a couple, no a few, nope-several times, and we were using a map! The good thing was that we could hear each others voices through the corn and were able to regroup when we were separated. (And yes, walking through the corn was a no-no, but I didn't do it- "SHE" did!!! So after wandering for a loooong time through what should have been popped and buttered, we made our way out and into the lovely play area where there was a racetrack and adult sized pedal cars! Oohh, lovely! Everyone was excited and in my mind, I saw hurt leg muscles. So everyone pedaled for 5 minutes while Chloe and I waited for a 2 seated one to use. We get in ours (did I hear NO SEATBELT for the passenger!), and I told Chloe to hold on, which she did, and we start a pedalin'. We are moving it on the first turn, slowly getting to the second turn, and just when we get around it, WHOOSH, we are passed by the my group- Keziah laughing all the way! Well, my momentum began to fail me on my 2nd turn around the racetrack and more folks passed me. All this time, Chloe didn't say a word-not one!! No "wheeeee" or anything, just silence. So I get to the last turn on this racetrack and I couldn't make it any farther-it took all my strength to get to the pullover. Wyndon comes and grabs my drivers seat, saying "I'll take Chloe and ride!" He gets started pedaling and only 4 feet later, Chloe is screaming,"AHHHHH, MOMMMY!!!!!" Okay- I guess that proves that she really does notice me, so I grab her and off we go to the bouncy castle and her sandals fly onto the ground as she is placed onto it. Two step later, she is flat on her face. She gets up walks 3 steps and kisses the castle floor again- laughing all the way. Elise makes a 30 second guest appearance to tell me she is headed to the enclosed color inflatable right next to us, April is standing with me laughing at Chloe and her slippery footedness, and where Wyndon was-I don't know! Keziah was probably racing around the track for the umpteenth time with her boundless energy,(I want some!!) All of a sudden, April gives me a look of HUNGER! So she goes to the car to search for a snack while everyone else is corralled, sent to the toilets and marched to the van.


We ended up taking a scenic route to Mildenhall where we had lunch at the bowling alley-yes, they have pretty good burgers there. We take Keziah to the BXTRA shop a little for piddly things, hit the Minicom for 2 potatoes, ground beef and some green beans for dinner. Yes, that combo of ingredients makes BEEF CURRY!!!!!
Then we head home, dropping off Keziah on the way. We get home and try to get some work done before Mr.H arrives. I scramble to get dinner done and we sit down to eat, finally. Chloe eats a bit of food here and there, but when her eyes began to close and she starts to fall over and melt, I realized that we did so much running, walking and playing that SHE DIDN'T GET A NAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!




So today, Sunday August 23rd 2009, get some rest and don't do too much. Enjoy this Lord's Day, glean something from the sermon you hear, savor your Sunday dinner, love your family and show it, but most of all don't forget to take a nap.

No comments: